So the update for the previous weeks includes quite an interesting and weird combination of random stuff from the big world of gaming that contains, without being limited to, obligatory Blizzard content (2 posts), more games of ’14, get paid to play type of post and just average chit-chat about some average games. With these being told allow me to make a short intro for each article and leave you to discover them on your own if you find at least couple of them a little appealing.
First one up is a petite article in which I get to rant about the updates for Warlords of Draenor, such as that stupid Boost to 90 reserved only for those who will pre-order the bloody expansion (or for those who will pay big extra money for even more boosts, as if the damn subscription wasn’t enough) and off course somewhere in there I’m also buzzing about the D3 expansion as that too keeps on getting shoved into our faces as we play Hearthstone (The FIRST free-to-play Blizzard game – Honestly I never thought I’d live to see this day). And off course some other extra features include a few guide referces for those who boost to 90 and also a couple more model updates and photos. Article -> Blizzard Updates – Diablo III and Warlords of Draenor
Second update is a much shoter and more to the point version of the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls Launch that wasn’t and this time I really mean it, it wasn’t as great as the original D3 that got everyone crazy about stuff. No sir, this was small and concise, with very little oversell issues that just simply managed to break even (and that should b considered an achievement). Anyways I’m also endorsing a couple of guides, but I’m not very fond of either of those either, still if you’re into it, check them and maybe you’ll find them useful. Source -> Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Launch
Third update for this round is the fourth episode of the series of games that one should play in order to consider 2014 a good year in gaming. Sure thing you can play any crap that comes out and then rant about how good were the old games, but if you stick to this list the swearing should be kept at a minimum (at least the one tied to the quality of the game, I’m not saying anything about no frustration swearing, that’s entirely up to you). So then the games in episode IV of my strategy guide are:
- Final Fantasy XIII – Lightning Returns
- inFamous Second Son
- Metal Gear Solid V
- Thief (4)
These titles are the ones you’ll find debated a little alongside a small presenation video for each and everyone of them where I say a thing or two about how the game should be and about how will it actually probably be as seen from previous versions of the game (provided there is such a version) . Complete article -> Strategy Guide to: The Games of 2014 (IV)
And finally the fourth update, which also happens to be my latest article on the big blog (the self-hosted and lined version of this blog you’re reading right now), because I was simply too lazy to write anything else up until this article (this very one, I don’t kow if you’ve noticed, but I’ve actually wrote about 700 words for a simple link article, so that has to mean something). So then I was thinking that it would be really interesting to talk a little about video game economics and basically making money while playing games in a couple different ways. In here as well you’ll enjoy a nice well placed product recommendation (gamingjobsonline and becomeagametester to be more precise) and off course a nice intro video by pbs (though it was worth mentioning) that talk a little about the economics of video games in a much more direct and understandable manner. And you probably aren’t surprised to find out that the list includes titles such as World of Warcraft, Diablo III or Eve Online, as games that have virtual economies measured in millions (bigger than some bloody countries actually), but anyways for the whole stuff do check out the entire article -> Strategy Guide to: Making Money from Video Games version 2.0 @strategy-game-guides.com
And that’s quite it for me, do feel free to check back anytime soon for more updates from the wide world of gaming and I don’t know, like, share and subscribe? Nah, that’s only working probably on youtube but since this is a reading platform I guess a bookmark endorsment would be more welcome, so bookmark it! Till next time, then have fun and keep thy game up!
Since the summer of 2013 is nothing else but a fresh memory at this point, I assume that we can resume our posting and finally cancel our extended vacation. And considering the fact that posting has been going on on Strategy-Game-Guides.Com all summer long (with short pauses now and then) and cause I’m a lazy bastard I’ll just put together some of my favorite posts from the previous 2 months (give or take a day here and there). Let’s start with the freshest and finish of with the oldest articles:
- The Siege of Orgrimmar End Cinematic – Basically a small preview and comments on the ending of Mists of Pandaria and the defeat of Garrosh Hellscream and to quote the former warchief – “You disappoint me, Garrosh!”
- The Babes from Persia – Is the second post (don’t worry there’s a first post too) from a retro review I began to make on the beautiful cgi game girls from video games we love.
- Patch 5.4 Final Notes & Guide – A post focused on the news that comes with the launch of patch 5.4 on World of Warcraft. Complete with guide suggestions and personal notes on both game features and guides.
- Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – The feature I managed to put together for the upcoming Diablo III Expansion. Comments, trailers, gameplay and some of the new content feature are being looked at in the post.
- The Babes of DmC – The first post of my babes of gaming feature reviews. Focusing on the dazzling beauties of the Devil may Cry series from their beginning to their ending.
- Strategy Guide to my Best RTS Games – And the final post from this mash-up here present is a petite strategy guide I came up with it by looking through my most played RTS games of all time list. (HINT: Think Craft, Total War and Age of … Games).
And this is quite it for this summer post update I managed to put together for now. I do hope you’ll find them things useful in some way and at least a bit entertaining, Now if you’ll excuse me, I have some games to play here, and you should do just the same. F
P.S. for all the other posts I omitted, kindly drop by the blog and check them out should you find them of any use. Thank you!
So this time we are dealing solely with trailers and updates in terms of both games and guides and addons and so on and so forth. First one up is going to be a nice selection of 5 epic trailers for some games that we have played throughout the many years of gaming existence. Second one and third one will be concerning World of Warcraft and especially some parts of the Lore for Mists of Pandaria and the new features that are upcoming in Patch 5.4 (The Siege of Orgrimmar). So here’s the list:
- WoW 5.4 PTR – New Features and Updates – So here you have some of the info on patch 5.4 as far as we know by this point. Things such as the new raid against Garrosh, Timeless Island or Proving Grounds and off course a few words on the guides (Zygor and Dugi) and addons (Manaview’s Tycoon Gold Guide) that will also be updating to support version 5.4 shortly after the launch.
- Mists of Pandaria Lore – Be a nice little reminder of the expansion so far through a series of trailers and videos arranged in a certain order to try and show a certain continuity in the story behind the game. This post includes the trailers from Blizzcon 2011 till Patch 5.2 (The Thunder King). Future posts on the topic are expected.
- 5 Epic Game Trailers – Is a compilation of 5 video game trailers that are renowned for their epicness. The games aren’t necessary the best of them all, however the trailers are without a doubt excellent. The titles are: Lost Odyssey, God of War 3, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Bioshock and Warhammer: Mark of Chaos.
And with this the update session for now is ended with the promise that we’ll be back with future posts of some importance for all these topics that we are so keen to chat about and that is Games, Games and Games again … Cheers!